INOVA ACQUIRES FLUGON™ BRAND
iNova Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd has acquired the FLUGON™ brand from Tara Pharmaceuticals. This acquisition took place in June last year and iNova has worked on revived new packaging which will be available on shelf at leading pharmacies nationwide from April.
The extensive FLUGON™ range, which includes a Colds, Flu and Allergy range as well as a Symptomatic Relief range, fits perfectly within iNova’s extensive and growing Lifestyle Portfolio. The numerous benefits of the various products within the FLUGON™ natural Colds, Flu and Allergy range includes building the immune system1,2, helping to fight cold and flu infections3,4 and providing allergy relief 5,6.
The Colds, Flu and Allergy range contain ingredients such as Beta-carotene, Citrus bioflavonoids, Vitamin C and Zinc for their antioxidant properties1, 2 as well as Pelargonium, Echinachea and Elderberry extract for their antiviral properties3, 4.
This Colds, Flu and Allergy range includes capsules, fizzies and a colds and flu syrup, all suitable for ages 12 years and older. Grape flavoured FLUGON™ Fizzy Kidz is available for children over the age of 4.
Relief range includes a cough syrup, hot lemon, throat spray and vapobalm, also containing natural ingredients which include Menthol, Eucalyptus and Tea tree 7, 8,9,10.
For more information go to www.inovapharma.co.za.
Find the new look FLUGON ™ Colds, Flu and Allergy defence range with natural ingredients from iNova at pharmacies this April.
For more information, speak to your healthcare professional. Further information is available on request from iNova Pharmaceuticals. Name and business address: iNova Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd. Co. Reg. No. 1952/001640/07. 15E Riley Road, Bedfordview. Tel. No. 011 087 0000. www.inovapharma.co.za. IN656/19
- Ahmadinejad, F. et al. Molecular Mechanisms behind free radical scavengers function against oxidative stress. Antioxid 2017; 6(51):1-15.
- Pham-Huy, L.A, He, H, Pham-Huy, C. Free radicals, antioxidants in disease and health. Int J Biomed Sci 2008; 4(2):89-96.
- Kolodziej, H. Antimicrobial, antiviral and immunomodulatory activity studies of Pelargonium sidoides (EP’sR 7630) in the context of health promotion. Pharmaceuticals 2011; 4:1295-1314.
- Csupor, D. Assessment report on Pelargonium sidoides DC and/or Pelargonium reniforme Curt., radix. European Medicines Agency, Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC). 2018; 1-90.
- Guilliams, G. Allergies: The natural approach. The Standard 1998; 1(2):1-8.
- Shaik, Y.B. Role of quercetin (a natural herbal compound) in allergy and inflammation. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 2006;20(3-4):47-52.
- Schmidt, S. Ivy leaf cough mixtures. SA Pharm Assist 2017; 5-6.
- Livestrong.com [Internet]: What is the use of Menthol? [cited 2017 Aug 14]. Available from:https://www.livestrong.com/article/187048-what-is-the-use-of-menthol/.
- Sadlon, A.E, Lamson, D.W. Immune-modifying and antimicrobial effects of eucalyptus oil and simple inhalation devices. Altern Med Rev; 15(1):33-47.
- Livestrong.com [Internet]: Tea tree oil uses for nasal congestion [cited 2017 Aug 14]. Available from: https://www.livestrong.com/article/120251-tea-tree-oil-uses-nasal/